|Monday, October 16th, 2023|
|09:30 AM - 10:30 AM|
|Format: Zoom webinar|
Earlier this year, Tarion announced changes to the Customer Service Standard (CSS) to create a more transparent, fair and accountable new home warranty and protection program. The changes, which will take effect for homes with date of possession on or after May 1, 2024, will include:
• Extending the initial homeowner submission period by 10 days — the 30-day initial period will be a 40-day period.
• Making the 10-day grace period at the end of the first-year warranty period permanent; a homeowner can file a claim within 10 days after the year end if there is written evidence that they notified the builder of the claim in writing within the first-year period.
• Creating a mid-year form submission at six months.
• Removing the 30-day timeline for a homeowner to request a conciliation, making it more flexible for homeowners to ask, but ensuring the inspection is only scheduled after the relevant repair period expires.
• There are no changes to the Builder Repair Period.
Tarion, in partnership with BILD, will host a webinar on October 16 at 9:30 a.m. to help members understand and prepare for these changes.