The Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) is the voice of the home building, residential and non-residential land development and professional renovation industries in the Greater Toronto Area.
Our more than 1,300 member companies come from all corners of the industry. In addition to home builders, land developers, and professional RenoMark™ renovators, BILD members include financial and professional service companies, trade contractors, and manufacturers and suppliers of all types of home-oriented products. BILD is affiliated with the Ontario Home Builders’ Association and the Canadian Home Builders’ Association.
To be the leading voice and resource for the homebuilding, residential and non-residential land development and professional renovation industries in the Greater Toronto Area.
Our mission is to be a:
- strong, unified, proactive industry advocate
- go-to resource for government, stakeholders and members on industry issues
- platform for industry learning and business relationships
BILD Member Code of Ethics
- Members shall comply with applicable building codes of Canada as a minimum standard for construction and shall work toward its improvement in the interests of structural sufficiency, safety, and health.
- Members shall plan their projects to conform to the principles of good community planning and support for the environment.
- Members shall deal justly with their employees, subcontractors, and suppliers of all goods and services.
- Members shall deal honestly and fairly with their customers and stand behind the quality of their work and service commitments.
- Members shall exchange information and experience, and encourage research on materials, technical advancements and building techniques in order to provide the best value for their customers.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the land development and building industry, to the Association, to the good name or reputation of any of its members, or its customers.
- Members shall commit to continuing learning through human resource policies and practices, including employment practices which treat employees as assets.
- Members shall actively promote health and safety principles.
- Members shall treat their competitors, including their property and ideas, with respect.
These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed as members of the Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD), Ontario and Canadian Home Builders’ Associations.